Super speller advances to Omaha competition (1/27/22)McCOOK, Neb. � An eighth grader at McCook Junior High won the Red Willow County spelling bee with the word, �reprisal.� Kapri Loop, 14, will next compete Feb. 26 at Omaha, where the Omaha Sports...
Hoyt to run for re-election (1/27/22)McCOOK, Neb. - Nebraska Public Power District Board Director Bill Hoyt has announced he will run for re-election. He was elected in 2016 to represent NPPD Subdivision 4, which includes all of Gosper,...
MEDC director resigns (1/27/22)ok Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) will be searching for their next Executive Director after current Director Andy Long�s resignation. Long began his duties with MEDC in May of 2018, after...
Autopsy results still pending (1/27/22)KEARNEY, Neb � Scott Kutnink, 37, of Cambridge, was shot by a Red Willow County sheriff�s deputy after allegedly striking the deputy with his car, and Kutnink died Saturday, Jan. 22, at Good...
- Wintery Wonders (1/25/22)
- County jail staff now eligible for overtime (1/25/22)
- Laguiole en Aubrac Luxury Fully Forged Full Tang Stainless Steel
- Conflicts over Hillcrest crop up at commissioners meeting (1/25/22)
- SCAM ALERT (1/21/22)
- New postmaster assumed duties at peak season (1/21/22)
- Repair costs pending on city�s Handi-bus (1/21/22)
- Outgoing chamber president winding down (1/21/22)
- COVID precautions in place for Jan. 28 concert (1/20/22)
- Sales tax leading source of income for city, property taxes third � audit (1/20/22)
You can purchase a reprint of any photo in these galleries. Simply note the file number watermarked across the center of the photo, and then fill out photo order form here
(Your ordered photo will not have the Gazette logo or the watermark on it)
McCook girl becomes four-time state championLINCOLN, Neb. � Alice Weimer�s football goals led to a fourth consecutive Nebraska State Punt, Pass and Kick state championship last fall. The McCook student-athlete achieved her amazing feat at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln on Oct. 2. Complete information was obtained from the Optimist Club last week...
- Bison get ready for SWC tourney finale tonight (1/27/22)
- Rival Red Devils and Buffaloes decide NWKL championship (1/27/22)
- Rawlins, Southwest girls get second at wrestling meet (1/27/22)
- High hoops trio advances in RPAC; Trojans fall (1/27/22)
- Bison wrestlers home on Friday for dual tourney (1/27/22)
- Latest and best from bowling in McCook (1/27/22)
- Bison senior, DC-S Tiger, Falcons coach to Shrine Bowl (1/26/22)
Darin R. Peaslee (1/27/22)Darin R. Peaslee TRENTON, Neb. � Darin R. Peaslee, 21, died Sunday (Jan. 23, 2022). A Celebration of Life gathering is Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.(CT) at the TCBC Building in Trenton. ...
Robert Michael �Mike� Haussler (1/27/22)Robert Michael �Mike� Haussler Jan. �2, 1948 - Jan. 19, 2022 ARAPAHOE, Neb. Robert Michael �Mike� Haussler, 74, of Arapahoe, died Wednesday (Jan. 19, 2022), at his home. He was born Jan. �2, 1948,...
Roger L. Brush (1/27/22)Roger L. Brush April 28, 1947 - Jan. 14, 2022 McCOOK, Neb. � Roger L. Brush, 74, of McCook, Neb., passed away on Jan. 14, 2022, in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico. He was born to Marion and Fern (Halley)...
Calvin birthday (1/27/22)90th birthday The family of Gladys Calvin of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2022. Her family includes children, Gregg (Jane) Calvin of...
Stevens anniversary (1/25/22)50th anniversary The family of Jim and Cheryl Stevens of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple�s 50th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022. They were married in 1972 in...
Sitzman birthday (1/21/22)80th birthday The family of Rose Sitzman of Seward, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 80th birthday on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2022.� Cards of�congratulations�will reach her at�1627 N....
Letter to the Editor: 'In a Democracy' (1/18/22)�In a Democracy� Dear Editor, Twenty-one years ago, I wrote an opinion in the Politics & Human Rights section of a now defunct website, �Loretta�s Lounge, under the pseudonym JT8D. I titled the piece...
Letter to the Editor: Casinos cannibalize local economies (1/11/22)Ho-Chunk CEO Lance Morgan expresses concern about new horse track casinos in Nebraska cannibalizing and weakening existing facilities. By facilities, he means several planned Ho-Chunk casinos at...